Fire reported at residence

Leavenworth Times – November 20, 2018

Careless smoking is being blamed for a fire over the weekend at a Leavenworth residence, a Fire Department spokesman said.

The fire was reported at 10:48 p.m. Sunday at 1100 Wildwood St. No injuries were reported.

Mark DeMaranville, division chief of prevention for the Leavenworth Fire Department, said the fire started on a bed but spread to other areas of the residence.

Smoke detectors alerted people who were inside of the home.

Members of the Fort Leavenworth Fire Department were called to the scene to assist Leavenworth firefighters.

According to a preliminary estimate, the fire caused about $50,000 worth of damage to the structure as well as an additional $50,000 in damage to the home’s contents.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page
KSFFA Facebook

0 Responses to “Fire reported at residence”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: