Candle wax blamed for fire

Leavenworth Times – November 20, 2018

No injuries were reported after a fire early Monday morning at a Leavenworth residence, a Fire Department spokesman said.

The fire was reported at 4:48 a.m. Monday at 2207 S. First St. The fire already had been extinguished when it was reported to the Leavenworth Fire Department.

Mark DeMaranville, division chief of prevention for the Leavenworth Fire Department, said there had been an earlier power outage in the area, and residents of the home lit candles.

Candle wax from a lit candle in a wall mounted candleholder apparently dripped to a carpet, causing the carpet to catch on fire. Occupants of the home poured water on the fire, extinguishing it.

DeMaranville said there was smoke damage throughout the residence.

The American Red Cross was contacted to provide assistance to the residents.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page
KSFFA Facebook

0 Responses to “Candle wax blamed for fire”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: