Fire damages business

Leavenworth Times – November 15, 2018

A fire at a Leavenworth business resulted in an estimated loss of about $15,000, a fire department official said.

The fire was reported at 2:14 p.m. Tuesday at American Lawn and Fence, 201 Marion St. No injuries were reported.

Mark DeMaranville, division chief of prevention for the Leavenworth Fire Department, said a wood stove was being used to heat the business’ shop. The fire started in the area where the wood stove’s flue exits the building at the roof level.

″(The fire) was contained pretty much to the roof,” DeMaranville said.

He said firefighters had to remove a section of the building’s flat roof to extinguish the fire.

Shawn Kell, health inspector and safety officer for the Leavenworth Fire Department, said the fire was under control within about 10 minutes.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page
KSFFA Facebook

0 Responses to “Fire damages business”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: