Russell Firefighters Respond to Minor Apartment Fire

By David Elliott
KRSL – July 25, 2018

The Russell City Fire Department responded Tuesday evening to a minor apartment fire in Russell.

According to dispatch logs, at 5:23 PM Tuesday, Charles Gordon at 1616 North Main Street, Apartment Two, called 911 to report a fire in the basement of the apartment complex.

Russell City Firefighters, Russell County EMS, Russell Police Officers, a Russell County Sheriff’s Deputy, and the Russell Electric and Water Departments responded.

According to Russell City Fire Chief Shane Preston, a malfunctioning clothes washer in the basement caused the fire.

He said the fire burned through a plastic water line near the washer and basically created a sprinkler that extinguished the fire.

However, before it was extinguished, the fire damaged some electrical wiring and caused smoke damage in apartments one and two of the complex.

There were no injuries.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page
KSFFA Facebook

0 Responses to “Russell Firefighters Respond to Minor Apartment Fire”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: