Official issues reminder after resident reenters Kan. house on fire

Salina Post – July 25, 2018

Photo by Hutchinson Fire Department

One person escaped with no injuries after reentering a house on fire Wednesday morning in Reno County.

Just before 2:30a.m., fire crews were dispatched to a home in the 200 Block of Harvey Street in Hutchinson for a structure fire, according to Battalion Chief Jeremy Unruh

First arriving units found moderate smoke venting from the front door and attic. Crews made an aggressive interior attack extinguishing the fire quickly.

The home was occupied by one person at the time of call. The occupant was inside the fire room and was awakened by his dog.

The occupant made it out unharmed after reentering the home twice to retrieve items. The occupant was assessed by Reno County EMS for smoke inhalation and released at the scene.

The fire is being ruled as electrical. Multiple improper extension cords were found at the fire origin.

The Hutchinson Fire Department reminded residents, “We understand that your home contains many of your important items. Please, never reenter your home if it is on fire. Meet with one of the arriving firefighters and tell them of your needs. We will retrieve your items for you.”

“Also, please limit the use of extension cords in your home, be aware of their limitations, do not use them for permanent wiring, use the correct size, and do not place them underneath anything.”

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page
KSFFA Facebook

0 Responses to “Official issues reminder after resident reenters Kan. house on fire”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: