Grass fire reported Sunday

Emporia Gazette – July 9, 2018

A spark from a hay baler caused a grass fire Sunday afternoon in the 4100 block of Graphic Arts Road.

When the Emporia Fire Department arrived on scene there was approximately one third of an acre on fire with three large hay bales on fire. Americus Fire assisted in extinguishing the fire. The hay baler was not on fire.

“The hay bales were rolled out and allowed to burn to conserve water,” Emporia Fire Department Battalion Chief Rich Gould said. “No injuries were associated with this incident.”

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page
KSFFA Facebook

0 Responses to “Grass fire reported Sunday”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: