Firefighters busy on Fourth of July night

Chanute Tribune – July 6, 2018

Fireworks that reignited after being dumped in the trash caused a busy night for Chanute firefighters Wednesday.

Chanute Fire Department responded to a dumpster fire at the American Legion hall, 301 N. Evergreen, at 10:10 pm Wednesday. While there, a neighbor reported a fire next to a garage at 408 N. Highland at 10:24 pm Wednesday. The second fire was out on arrival.

At 12:37 am Thursday, CFD responded to a trash receptacle at 501 E. 17th, initially reported as a structure fire, believed to have been started by fireworks.

Safety experts advise dousing fireworks in water before disposing of them.

At 12:57 am Thursday, CFD investigated fireworks that landed on a roof at 1740 200th Road. There was no fire danger.

Firefighters also assisted on eight medical calls Wednesday.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page
KSFFA Facebook

0 Responses to “Firefighters busy on Fourth of July night”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: