Firefighters extinguish blaze started by discarded cigarette

Ottawa Herald – June 26, 2018

The Ottawa Fire Department extinguished a small fire outside of Ransom Memorial Health, 1301 S. Main St., Ottawa, early Sunday morning, a fire official said. Firefighters were called to the scene at 4:06 a.m. Sunday.

Tim Matthias, fire chief, said the fire was contained to a flower pot and firefighters put out the fire with a water extinguisher. Matthias said the cause of the fire was a cigarette being left in the pot.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page
KSFFA Facebook

0 Responses to “Firefighters extinguish blaze started by discarded cigarette”

  1. Leave a Comment


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: