House fire in Falun causes substantial damage to kitchen

By Gary Demuth
Salina Journal – May 29, 2018

A burning candle was determined to be the cause of a fire Sunday at a house on the 100 block of North Main Street that caused extensive damage to the kitchen area.

Saline County Sheriff Roger Soldan said resident Sarah Sharp, 28, returned home about 11:15 a.m. Sunday and saw smoke coming from the kitchen. Firefighters from Saline County Rural Fire District 2 quickly contained the fire to the kitchen area, Soldan said.

Initially, arson had been suspected, Soldan said, but it was determined that a candle had been left burning earlier by another resident of the home, William Carr, 44, who then left the home.

Estimated damage to the kitchen was $60,000, Soldan said.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page
KSFFA Facebook

0 Responses to “House fire in Falun causes substantial damage to kitchen”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: