Nursing home evacuated

Leavenworth Times – May 18, 2018

A Lansing nursing home was evacuated Wednesday because of a carbon monoxide leak, a fire department official said.

People at Lansing Care & Rehabilitation Center, 210 Plaza Drive, eventually were allowed to go back inside the building after it was determined to be safe.

The incident was reported around 9 a.m. Rick Huhn, chief of Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1, said an alarm had sounded in the building.

When firefighters arrived, they recorded a carbon monoxide level of more than 60 parts per million.

The building was evacuated and the Leavenworth County Health Department, Emergency Management and EMS were contacted.

Huhn said it was determined that a water heater was the source of the carbon monoxide leak.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page
KSFFA Facebook

0 Responses to “Nursing home evacuated”

  1. Leave a Comment


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: