Smoke alerts residents to 2 a.m. smoldering electrical fire

Hutchinson News – May 14, 2018

An electrical fire in the attic of Hutchinson home was discovered early Monday morning after the residents noticed smoke in the house.

The Hutchinson Fire Department responded to the home in the 200 block of East Campbell about 2:15 a.m., where arriving firefighters found light smoke.

The use of a Thermal Imaging Camera revealed hot spots in the attic, according to the report by Fire Battalion Chief Jeremy Unruh.

Crews entering the attic found a smoldering fire along electrical lines. Utilities were shut off and crews extinguished the fire, which investigators blamed on improper wiring.

Two people were in the home at the time of the call. There were no injuries and damages were very minor, the report stated.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page
KSFFA Facebook

0 Responses to “Smoke alerts residents to 2 a.m. smoldering electrical fire”

  1. Leave a Comment


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: