Electrical fire causes extensive smoke damage

Sabetha Herald – April 17, 2018

An early morning electrical fire caused extensive smoke damage in a Sabetha home.

At 12:38 a.m. Monday, April 16, the Sabetha Fire Department was called out to Roger and Ilene Hartter’s house at 1526 Virginia in Sabetha, for a house full of smoke. Upon arrival, the Sabetha Fire Department found the basement to be full of smoke and a fire, which was contained to the furnace room.

According the Sabetha Fire Chief Jim Johnson, after an investigation by the State Fire Marshal, it was determined that the fire was accidental and electrical in nature. The house suffered extensive smoke damage and no injuries were reported.

The total loss has yet to be determined, pending the insurance adjuster’s report.

The Sabetha EMS was on standby, and the Sabetha Fire Department was on scene until 2:18 a.m.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page
KSFFA Facebook

0 Responses to “Electrical fire causes extensive smoke damage”

  1. Leave a Comment


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: