Electrical issue leads to Sunday’s house fire

By Chuck Samples
KVOE – March 19, 2018

Photo by Chuck Samples

Fire damaged a home in southeast Emporia on Sunday.

The fire at 401 South Cottonwood was reported just after 5:30 pm after smoke was reported coming from the attic. Emporia fire crews responded, eventually placing two teams of firefighters on the roof to get the fire out.

There were no injuries. Lyon County records list the house as owned by Ken and Gayla Bazil.

Americus and Olpe fire crews provided mutual aid, while Kansas Gas and Westar Energy also handled utilities on site. Traffic on South Cottonwood and Norton was blocked for over an hour during the firefighting effort and early investigation. A damage estimate is pending.

Fire Capt. Jesse Taylor says a wiring malfunction in the attic at 401 South Cottonwood caught some nearby insulation on fire.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Electrical issue leads to Sunday’s house fire”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: