Child with a lighter causes Topeka townhouse fire

By Tiernan Shank
WIBW – March 19, 2018

A child playing with a lighter ignited a fire inside a Topeka townhouse late Sunday morning.

Fire crews responded to 3016 SW Mareta Circle shortly before 11:30 a.m. When they arrived they found heavy smoke coming from the home.

Everyone inside was able to escape unharmed.

Crews quickly extinguished the fire and were able to keep all damage contained to one of the four units of the complex.

The estimated loss is $30,000.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Child with a lighter causes Topeka townhouse fire”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: