Three suffer smoke inhalation after small fire at Topeka Postal Service location

By Tim Hrenchir
Topeka Capital Journal – Feb. 16, 2018

Three people were treated for smoke inhalation after a small fire Friday morning at the U.S. Postal Service location at 1410 N.W. Gage Blvd.

Topeka firefighters and American Medical Response ambulance workers were called to the scene at 4:55 a.m., said a dispatcher for the Shawnee County Emergency Communications Center.

The patients were treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation from a fire that ignited when small batteries were thrown into a trashcan, said a Topeka Fire Department supervisor at the scene.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page
https://www.facebook.com/KansasFireLine/

0 Responses to “Three suffer smoke inhalation after small fire at Topeka Postal Service location”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: