$90,800 worth of damage due to a fire

Salina Post – Feb. 16, 2018

A man from Smolan woke up to discover his shed was on fire.

According to Undersheriff Melander on Feb. 15, at the 2800 block of W. Smolan Rd, Russell Jones, 55, of Smolan was alerted by a knock at the front door. A passerby saw that his shed was on fire.

Jones had started a burn consisting of hay around 3 p.m. earlier that afternoon. He extinguished the fire but it reignited and caught his shed on fire.

The loss was totaled at $90,800. Some of the items damaged were a fifth-wheel camper, a Harley Davidson motorcycle, a Mahindra tractor, a riding lawnmower, and other miscellaneous tools and items.

No one was injured.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “$90,800 worth of damage due to a fire”

  1. Leave a Comment


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: