Chimney fire in Overland Park

FOX 4 News – December 28, 2017

Residents of an Overland Park duplex are not spending the end of 2017 the way they hoped. A fire that started in a chimney spread throughout the duplex in the 7300 block of W. 148th Street at about 7 p.m., Wednesday.

A resident reported a fire coming from the chimney that quickly spread to the roof. When firefighters arrived, they reported flames coming out of the roof of the single-story duplex and all residents out safely.

Additional fire was found in the attic. Firefighters put out the fire in about 20 minutes but crews spent additional time there putting out hotspots. While the fire was limited to the attic, chimney and roof of the single-story duplex, the home suffered smoke and water damage.

The two adult residents told firefighters they were using the fireplace at the time of the fire.

Firefighters remind residents with fireplaces to have their chimney professionally inspected every year to be sure it is free from defects. Overland Park Fire Dept., also recommends having your furnace serviced annually to be sure it’s operating properly.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Chimney fire in Overland Park”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: