Sprinklers extinguish apartment fire

Leavenworth Times – December 21, 2017

No injuries were reported as a result of a fire at a Leavenworth apartment building.

The fire was reported at 9:12 a.m. Tuesday at 110 Lakeside Drive.

Light smoke could be seen coming from the building when firefighters arrived. After entering the building, firefighters determined the fire had been extinguished by a sprinkler system, according to Shawn Kell, health inspector and safety officer for the Leavenworth Fire Department.

The fire started in the kitchen of an apartment. Someone apparently had been heating up an aroma therapy substance in a pan on the stove.

Kell said the fire was contained to the stove and nearby cabinets and a microwave.

The damage was estimated at $10,000.

Kell said utilities had to be shut off to the entire complex.

The Red Cross was contacted to provide assistance to the people who were being displaced.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Sprinklers extinguish apartment fire”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: