No major injuries reported with Wednesday morning house fire

By Ryann Brooks
Emporia Gazette – August 11, 2017

Photo by Andrew Houchins

The Emporia Fire Department responded to an electrical stove fire at 1219 Walnut St. around 10:50 a.m. Wednesday morning.

The fire began when a potholder sitting above the stove on a shelf caught fire. When fire crews arrived, the occupant of the house stated the fire was out. Scanner traffic indicated a large amount of smoke was in the house. Fire crews confirmed the fire was out and no other damage was reported. Smoke was evacuated from the home by fire crews on the scene.

The occupant of the house was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation but refused transport to the hospital. No other injuries were associated with the incident.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “No major injuries reported with Wednesday morning house fire”

  1. Leave a Comment


%d bloggers like this: