Farmer Saves Machinery from Fire Damage

KSAL – July 20, 2017

Photos by Saline County Sheriff’s Office

A hay bale that caught on fire blackened a portion of a field near Gypsum on Wednesday.

According to the Saline County Sheriff’s Office, a bearing inside a John Deer baler overheated and ignited a bale inside the machine in the 8800 block of S. Whitmore Road.

Ryan Nilson was able to eject the bale before the machinery caught on fire – the bale then ignited the grass.

Deputies say about 15 acres of hay was lost in the blaze.

Rural Fire District #1 arrived around 11:30am and put the fire out.

No one was injured.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Farmer Saves Machinery from Fire Damage”

  1. Leave a Comment


%d bloggers like this: