Chlorine leak at Manhattan pool sends several to the hospital

By Nick Viviani
WIBW – July 12, 2017

A chlorine leak at Northview Pool that sent several people to the hospital Wednesday afternoon has been contained, the Manhattan Fire Dept. said.

The Riley Co. Police tweeted a warning around 2:30 p.m., asking people to avoid the pool. Eight lifeguards were reportedly taken to the hospital for chlorine exposure, the fire dept. said.

Asst. Fire Chief Sam Dameron said the victims fell ill during a heat break at the pool, which is when lifeguards get a chance to cool off by getting into the pool.

They were all taken to the Via Christi Medical Center. Their conditions are not known at this time.

The fire department said there is no threat to the public.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Chlorine leak at Manhattan pool sends several to the hospital”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: