Bird causes grass fire near West Ridge Mall

By Natalie Otto
WIBW – July 10, 2017

A bird could be to blame for a grass fire near West Ridge Mall this evening.

A mall customer who did not want to appear on camera told 13 NEWS he called 9-1-1 after a bird flew into a transformer, sparking a grass fire near the West parking lost of the mall.

Topeka Fire crews arrived on scene around 7:30 and were able to quickly put the fire out.

Westar Energy was also called to assist in fixing the damage caused to the transformer.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Bird causes grass fire near West Ridge Mall”

  1. Leave a Comment


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: