Fire Severely Damages Russell Home

By David Elliott
KRSL – June 26, 2017

A house on Cindy Drive in Russell was severely damaged by a fire Sunday evening.

According to the Russell City Fire Department, at 6:28 PM Sunday, a woman from 110 Cindy Drive called 911 to report the split-level house next to her at 112 Cindy Drive had smoke coming out of the roof.

The Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire, but remained on scene for about three hours.

According to Russell City Fire Chief Shane Preston, the fire started in the kitchen due to some type of electrical issue with the microwave cord or outlet it was plugged in to. The blaze quickly spread from there and damaged or destroyed much of the home’s contents.

Preston estimated total fire, smoke and water damage at $100,000.

The residents, Brian and Kayla Schneider, were not home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries. However, two dogs died as a result of smoke inhalation.

Along with City Fire, Russell County EMS, the Russell Police Department, the Russell County Sheriff’s Office and Russell County Emergency Management responded.

Rotary Rescue also responded with water and snacks.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Fire Severely Damages Russell Home”

  1. Leave a Comment


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: