Cause of Sunday fire said to be accidental

By Mary Ann Redeker
Emporia Gazette – May 22, 2017

Photo by Mary Ann Redeker

The Emporia Fire Department was called to a house fire Sunday afternoon in central Emporia.

Captain Tony Fuller said around 4:08 p.m., fire units were dispatched to a house at 1005 Lincoln Street.

“When our units responded, they observed moderate smoke coming from the eaves of the house,” he said. “The fire was contained to the kitchen area of the home, and crews were able to get it extinguished quickly.”

Fuller said the cause of the fire was said to be accidental.

“No one was home at the time of the fire,” he said. “A pan was left on the stove when occupants of the house went to graduation.”

Jorge Prieto is the listed owner of the home and damages were estimated at $35,000.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Cause of Sunday fire said to be accidental”

  1. Leave a Comment


%d bloggers like this: