Fire Destroys Houseboat

KSAL – May 2, 2017

Photo by Saline County Sheriff’s Office. Click on photo to view full-size.

A houseboat that was docked at an area pond was destroyed by fire on Monday evening.

Crews from Rural Fire District #2 were called to the old Johnson Sand pit located at 1601 E. Schilling Road at about 6:45pm Monday after a 1978 Crest brand houseboat caught on fire.

Owner Gary Johnson told Saline County Deputies he believed a refrigerator that was plugged in on board, short circuited and ignited the blaze.

The craft was unoccupied and no one was injured.

The houseboat is valued at $12,500 and is listed as a total loss.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Fire Destroys Houseboat”

  1. Leave a Comment


%d bloggers like this: