Topeka house fire caused by ‘careless use of aromatic device’

Topeka Capital Journal – April 20, 2017

A structure fire Wednesday night in southeast Topeka caused by the “careless use of an aromatic device” killed two pet birds and did an estimated $15,000 in damage, officials with the Topeka Fire Department said.

Firefighters responded to the structure fire just after 10 p.m. Wednesday at 2124 S.E. 21st Terrace.

Crews found smoke showing from the single-story, wood-framed residential structure when they arrived.

The blaze was quickly brought under control after firefighters performed an offensive fire attack.

TFD officials said one adult and four dogs were able to evacuate prior to the fire department’s arrival.

The origin of the fire was determined to be in the kitchen area.

The estimated dollar loss was $10,000 for the structure and $5,000 for its contents.

In addition to TFD, Westar Energy and the Kansas Chapter of the American Red Cross responded.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Topeka house fire caused by ‘careless use of aromatic device’”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: