Grease fire shuts down popular Shawnee County bar and grill

By Kion Hudson
WIBW – April 11, 2017


A grease fire has shut down a restaurant in Shawnee County.

Soldier Township Fire was called around 3:30 p.m. Monday to Reed’s Ringside Bar and Grill, in Hunter’s Ridge, off NW 46th and Highway 75.

Chief Karl McNorton says, when crews arrived, workers told them the fire suppression system in the kitchen did not function automatically or from the emergency pull station.

They used chemical extinguishers to put out the blaze, and called in Topeka and Silver Lake fire crews to assist.

The fire was contained to the kitchen, but smoke damage was throughout the building.

The restaurant is closed. Fire inspectors say they will check to see why the suppression system didn’t work.

No one was hurt.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Grease fire shuts down popular Shawnee County bar and grill”

  1. Leave a Comment


%d bloggers like this: