Kitchen fire quickly extinguished

Fort Scott Tribune – April 1, 2017
Submitted by Newz Group – April 5, 2017

Click on photo to view full-size

Bourbon County rural firefighters talk outside a residence in the 600 block of Sherman Street in Uniontown as they work to clear the scene following a fire inside the house Friday afternoon. Bourbon County Fire District No. 3 Chief Delwin Mumbower, pictured second from left, said BCFD No. 3 and Redfield Fire Departments responded to the structure fire. Mumbower said firefighters were able to quickly douse the fire, which started on a stove in the kitchen. Firefighters were also able to contain the fire to the kitchen, which sustained damage. A resident in the house noticed the fire and went to the back of the house to get a fire extinguisher and when he returned, the flames had escalated, and the fire department was called. No injuries were reported, Mumbower said.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Kitchen fire quickly extinguished”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: