Fire burns Coats house

Pratt Tribune – March 16, 2017
Submitted by Newz Group – April 4, 2017

A Coats family escaped injury following a house fire in Coats Tuesday night. Firefighters were called to 610 Robinson Avenue in Coats around 8 p.m. when the fire was discovered in a bedroom.

Michael Noll said they had a problem with an electrical junction box earlier in the day and a breaker tripped around 5 p.m. The box got hot and the family smelled smoke. They found some blown-in insulation in the attic smoking from getting too hot, Noll said.

Elizabeth Jones, Noll’s girlfriend, said they used a big spray bottle filled with water, that was used to apply herbicide, to wet down the insulation. Her dad and grandfather along with Noll removed the burned insulation and worked on the junction box. The smoke cleared and the box and walls cooled down and they thought the problem was over.

Around 8 p.m. after they put the children to bed, their oldest son came running into the parents bedroom and said the bedroom ceiling was on fire. They got everyone, including the dog and cat, out of the house and called the fire department, Jones said.

Fire damage was confined to two rooms but there was smoke damage in the house. No one was injured in the fire.

Firefighters were on scene about two and a half hours checking for hot spots and making sure the fire was completely out. The family took shelter with relatives.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Fire burns Coats house”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: