Dryer fire causes $25K in damage to home

Manhattan Mercury – March 7, 2017

A fire that started in a clothes dryer caused $25,000 damage to a home and its contents in the Timber Creek subdivision east of Manhattan on Sunday.

The structure fire at 2013 Timber Creek Drive involved the laundry room and the bathroom of the home. Blue Township Fire and Pottawatomie County Consolidated Fire responded to the blaze shortly before 8 p.m. The home’s occupants are displaced because of smoke and water damage. The owner is listed as Christopher Herwig of Newton.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Dryer fire causes $25K in damage to home”

  1. Leave a Comment