Cigarette responsible for fire near Shanghai Chinese Restaurant

By Chuck Samples
KVOE – February 27, 2017

Fire caused some damage at a west Emporia home on Sunday. However, it did not cause as much damage as first feared.

The structure fire call at 619 Woodland, just north of Shanghai Chinese Restaurant, was reported just after 3 pm. Emporia Fire Battalion Chief Steve Howe tells KVOE News the fire started in a yard just outside the house and damaged some vinyl siding.

Original reports had the side of the house on fire and smoke coming from the roof. Howe says there was no extension of the fire into the house itself.

A discarded cigarette was the cause, according to Howe. No injuries were reported. Lyon County records have Brenda Lopez as the owner. The house was being remodeled when the fire started.

 

Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
http://www.ksffa.com
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Cigarette responsible for fire near Shanghai Chinese Restaurant”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments