Fire in Landmark Building quickly extinguished

Hutchinson News – February 21, 2017

Photo by Chad Heuback

Photo by Chad Heuback

Firefighters quickly put out a blaze late Monday at the downtown Landmark Building in Hutchinson.

The Hutchinson Fire Department was called to the building the 500 block of North Main at about 11:15 p.m. after a passerby reported the fire.

The fire on the third floor was under control in 15 minutes, but crews stayed on the scene for about an hour for salvage and helping with the investigation.

Damage to the building, which was vacant, was estimated at $1,000. There were no injuries.

The fire’s cause was thought to be from a discarded cigarette.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Fire in Landmark Building quickly extinguished”

  1. Leave a Comment