Garage fire sends one to the hospital

By Benjamin Van Maele
WIBW – February 20, 2017



The Topeka Fire Department responded to a garage fire in the 2800 block of SE Massachusetts Ave. Saturday afternoon.

One person was inside the home at the time of the fire. They were taken to an area hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Fire officials say the embers from a backyard fire pit may have caused the fire.

Crews were able to extinguish the blaze fairly quickly.

The cost of damage is estimated at $5,000.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Garage fire sends one to the hospital”

  1. Leave a Comment