Fire causes apartment evacuation

WIBW – February 15, 2017



An apartment complex was evacuated Tuesday afternoon due to a fire.

The Topeka Fire Department responded around 2:15 to The Pines Apartments at the 200 block of SW Gage. They found smoke coming from a second-level rear apartment and were able to keep it from spreading.

However, adjacent units did see some smoke and water damage.

Fire officials say the fire started in an apartment kitchen, likely because of inattentive cooking.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Fire causes apartment evacuation”

  1. Leave a Comment