One injured in El Dorado workshop fire

KAKE – February 8, 2017


A man was burned and hospitalized in El Dorado Tuesday, when a wall furnace exploded at a workshop.

Fire Chief Steve Moody told KAKE News the trouble happened at a converted home on Towanda Avenue near Haverhill Road around 11:30 a.m. Moody said the furnace apparently was leaking, and exploded when a man tried to light it. Most of the structure collapsed from the fire.

The victim was taken to a Wichita hospital with first and second-degree burns to his hand and neck.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “One injured in El Dorado workshop fire”

  1. Leave a Comment