Accidental fire engulfs home in Oakland neighborhood

By Tori Mason
WIBW – January 30, 2017


The Topeka Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 700 block of NE Poplar Street in Topeka’s Oakland neighborhood late Sunday morning.

No injuries were reported. Officials say the family’s fire alarm allowed them and their pets to exit quickly and without harm.

Early investigation shows the fire to be the result of a cooking accident.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Accidental fire engulfs home in Oakland neighborhood”

  1. Leave a Comment


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: