Two dogs rescued from house fire in 3600 block of S.W. 15th

By Katie Moore
Topeka Capital Journal – January 16, 2017

Topeka firefighters rescued two dogs from a house fire Sunday night.

The blaze in the 3600 block of S.W. 15th was reported around 9:20 p.m.

Battalion chief Chris Herrera said the garage, where the fire originated, was engulfed in flames when crews arrived and had started to spread to the attached house. Crews did a “good job” in preventing the fire from spreading more, Herrera said.

Three people were in the home when the blaze began, but were able to get out before crews got on scene. A 4-month old baby was taken to St. Francis as a precaution, Herrera said.

The Red Cross was coming to help the family because the house wasn’t habitable, he said.

Heavy smoke was visible in the area for more than 30 minutes.

Both cars in the garage are a total loss. An estimate on the damages and the cause are still being determined.

The house sits on the northeast corner of S.W. 15th and Gage, which was blocked to traffic in all directions.


Posted by Gwen Dorr Romine, KSFFA Webmaster
KSFFA’s Fire News Blog Home Page

0 Responses to “Two dogs rescued from house fire in 3600 block of S.W. 15th”

  1. Leave a Comment