Fire leads to Value Place evacuation

KAKE – May 21, 2015

wichita fire 5212015

Fire crews rushed to a south Wichita motel Wednesday night, to keep damage from spreading across the top floor.

Battalion Chief Sid Newby says the trouble happened around 11:30 p.m. at the Value Place on South Broadway near 47th Street. A fourth-floor apartment filled with smoke, apparently due to a fire in a microwave.

“We did evacuate people at first… to…. get that floor cleared off, so we didn’t have to worry about any occupants, till we figured out what the situation was,” Newby told KAKE News.

The damage was estimated at $100, and limited to one room in the motel. No one was injured.

%d bloggers like this: