Ottawa firefighters make house call for smoking appliance

Ottawa Herald – May 16, 2015
Submitted by Newz Group Clipping Service – May 20, 2015

A malfunctioning electrical appliance in the basement of a local residence Friday prompted an early morning visit from the Ottawa Fire Department.

Ottawa firefighters responded 5:09 a.m. Friday to a report of smoke inside a residence at 1801 S. Princeton Road, according to a fire report.

“It was determined that an electrical appliance in the basement of the home had shorted out, causing some arcing and light smoke,” Jeff Carner, Ottawa Fire Chief, said. “The power source was terminated and there was no damage.”

%d bloggers like this: