Fire destroys abandoned house

Onaga Herald – April 23, 2015
Submitted by Newz Group Clipping Service – May 1, 2015

Click on photo to view full-size image.

Click on photo to view full-size image.

A fire broke out in this abandoned house at 309 Clifton Street in Onaga on Thursday afternoon shortly after noon. The Onaga Fire Department extinguished the blaze without incident and considered the fire an arson since there was no electricity, gas or lightning present at the time of the blaze. The fire looked to have started at the south end of the home. Then, later that evening, around 10:30 the fire rekindled or the arsonist returned to finish the job. When the fire was discovered, it was fully engulfed and is considered a total loss. It was knocked down by the fire department for safety purposes. The old home was the former residence of the Dale Jeanneret family, most recently by Joel Peters.



%d bloggers like this: