Lawnmower causes shed fire on Cypress Street

By Jason Beets
Junction City Daily Union – April 25, 2015
Submitted by Newz Group Clipping Service – April 29, 2015

Click on photo to view full-size image.

Click on photo to view full-size image.

Fires sometimes start in embarrassing ways.

Junction City Fire Department Battalion Chief Bill Kausler said a shed in the 800 block of Cypress Street caught fire Thursday afternoon after its owner tried to start a riding lawnmower.

“It appears a lawnmower had a backfire and caught on fire,” he said.

Firemen had the blaze under control in about five minutes. The fire didn’t spread, but the shed and its contents, were destroyed.

“It’s a complete loss,” he said.

Kausler estimates the fire resulted in between $2,500 and $3,000 in damages. The owner of the shed declined to comment.

%d bloggers like this: