Butler County Fire District No. 3 report

Rose Hill Reporter – March 26, 2015
Submitted by Newz Group Clipping Service – April 17, 2015

Firefighters of Butler County Fire District #3 had the tires on the engines burning again last week as they responded to nine fires, two of which were structural fires. Firefighters assisted other fire departments with fire calls.

The majority of the fire calls were received on the weekend during which time the volunteer firefighters take over unless circumstances require the regular full-time crew to join them. Firefighters also served the community by providing lift assistance to residents, unlocking vehicles and also accompanied Butler County EMS on medical emergencies.

The week began with a grass fire Monday, March 16 and a call for assistance from the Augusta Fire Department in the 7000 block of S.W. 200th St. Upon arrival, BCFD #3 stood by on scene until released by the Augusta Fire Department.

Douglass Fire Department requested assistance from BCFD #3 Tuesday, March 17. Firefighters arrived to add their hoses to the blaze in the 10000 block of S.W. 180th St.

Firefighters were on the scene of a structural fire in the 23000 block of S.W. Prairie Creek Rd. where they found a fire in the family room of the residence. The fire was extinguished with damage contained to that room.

Saturday, March 21 was the highest volume day for BCFD #3. A grass fire was reported in the 16000 block of S.W. 13th Terrace. Firefighters found a controlled burn that had run wild and needed to extinguish. Another grass fire was out of control in the 16000 block of S.W. Tawakoni which was extinguished.

Firefighters assisted Sedgwick County Fire Department with a structural fire. Upon arrival at the scene they also found a grass fire in progress which they extinguished.

Trees were ablaze in the 14000 block of S.W. Mulberry and were extinguished by the firefighters. A vehicle fire was reported in the 16000 block of 123rd St. which turned out to be a lawn mower and trailer in flames. Firefighters laid the hoses to the blaze.

Sunday wasn’t a leisure day for the firefighters. A grass fire was reported in the 18000 block of S.W. Tawakoni Rd. which was caused by a lawn mower. It was extinguished by the firefighters.

%d bloggers like this: