Fire damages Valley Center home

By Chris Strunk
Ark Valley News – April 10, 2015

valley center fire 4102015

A Valley Center family was displaced after a fire caused extensive damage to a home April 6.

Valley Center firefighters responded to 600 Redbud Court about 4:30 p.m. The home is in the Ridgefield subdivision, which is north of Fifth between Interurban and Kessler.

Capt. Rob Tormey said the fire started in the kitchen. The four occupants were outside of the home when firefighters arrived. No one was injured.

Tormey said boiling vegetable oil was left unattended on the stove. The oil bubbled over the side of the pan, hit the heating element on the stove and ignited flames.

When crews arrived, smoke was billowing out of the garage. Minutes later, flames shot out of a kitchen window on the side of the house.

Tormey said there was heavy fire, heat and water damage throughout the house.

%d bloggers like this: