Fire destroys home in Wakefield

Clay Center Dispatch – March 17, 2015
Submitted by Newz Group Clipping Service – April 9, 2015

Click on photo to view full-size image.

Click on photo to view full-size image.

A house in Wakefield owned by Brady DeVille caught fire and burned at about 4 a.m. this morning, The Dispatch has learned from unofficial reports.

Deville, his wife Jamie, their son Kylar, 8, were able to get out uninjured thanks to being alerted by a smoke detector, according to family. The family’s dog was also unharmed.

The house and its contents, located at 804 Knollwood St., are likely a total loss, as indicated by photos posted by family. The house is valued at $99,600, according to the 2014 Clay County Appraisal Guide.

At press time, The Dispatch was unable to reach anyone from Wakefield Rural or City Fire Departments. Both departments and other emergency personnel responded to the fire.



%d bloggers like this: