Crews battle house fire in southeast Wichita

KSN – April 6, 2015


The Wichita Fire Department battled a garage fire Monday. It broke out before 11 a.m near Harry and Greenwich in the 1700 block of South Christopher Circle.

When crews arrived, they found smoke and flames coming from the garage.

“We arrived and found a cooker inside the garage that was hooked up to a propane bottle which created a very dangerous situation for not only the occupant but for us as well, very significant fire damage to the garage and also through the house,” said Battalion Chief John Turner, Wichita Fire Department.

Damage is estimated at $25,000. No one inside the home was hurt.

%d bloggers like this: