Store evacuated after fire report

Manhattan Mercury – November 24, 2014
Submitted by Newz Group Clipping Service – November 28, 2014

Shoppers were evacuated from Best Buy on Monday following a report of a possible fire.

Officials responded to a report of smoke in the store at about noon, according to officials.

Manhattan Fire Department Battalion Chief Steve Shepek said a fluorescent light might have exploded, causing the smoke.

Firefighters responded but found no blaze and no visible smoke from outside the store. They were on the roof investigating at press time but had downgraded the situation to non-emergent.

Store employees declined to comment.



%d bloggers like this: