Fire destroys home in Coats

By Gale Rose
Pratt Tribune – November 25, 2014

coats fire 11252014

coats fire 11252014b

coats fire 11252014c

coats fire 11252014d

Fire destroyed the home of Hank and Linda Perrin in Coats Monday afternoon. Linda Perrin was at home at 103 Stone in Coats around 3:24 p.m. and had put some wood in a wood-burning stove. She was lying down in her bedroom when she heard a trucker honking his horn and yelling the roof was on fire. Perrin said she couldn’t see fire or smell smoke but then a neighbor showed up and told her she needed to get out. A neighbor, Mike Brunet, came by, crawled on top of the family van and was spraying water on the roof until it became too smoky. Perrin called 911 and other neighbors came and convinced her she needed to get out of the house and not try to get several cats and dogs out. Firefighters from Coats, Sawyer and Township 12 responded to the call. The first units on the scene found the house completely engulfed in flames. The house was completely gutted. No one was injured in the fire. Hank Perrin was not at home when the fire started. Perrin said they had just upgraded their wood stove with a $500 chimney improvement with triple wall pipe.



%d bloggers like this: