Three fires reported

Marysville Advocate – November 20, 2014
Submitted by Newz Group Clipping Service – November 23, 2014

The Marysville volunteer fire department was called to a fire north of Hall Brothers Inc., Marysville, where a controlled burn flared up at about 6:45 p.m. November 10. No injuries or damage were reported, according to Dennis Rockwell, Assistant Fire Chief.

The same night, the department was called to a home rented by John Mathis at 411 N. 15th St. a little after 10 p.m. to what the home’s owners thought was a house fire.

Rockwell said the firefighters traced down an electrical ballast in a fluorescent light fixture that had burned out but did not find the house on fire. The incident led to smoke in the house. The light fixture was damaged, but there were no injuries.

On November 11, the department was called to May Street, between Third Street and Fourth Street, at about 10:30 p.m. where a pile of leaves was on fire. The pile had possibly been burned earlier in the day. The fire was called in by the Marysville Police Department and was extinguished, Rockwell said.



%d bloggers like this: