Floor furnace starts fire

Great Bend Tribune – November 19, 2014
Submitted by Newz Group Clipping Service – November 23, 2014

The Great Bend Fire Department sent trucks to 1434 17th St. at 8:05 p.m. Monday for a possible structure fire.

When firefighters arrived they found light smoke showing from the front door of the house, and all occupants were safely outside. There was burnt fabric and a magazine smoldering on top of the floor furnace grate.

Chief Mike Napolitano said the fire started when a mattress box springs was accidentally knocked onto the floor furnace and caught fire. The occupants extinguished the fire with water and then moved the box springs outside. The fire was confined to the area of the floor furnace, with light smoke through the house.



%d bloggers like this: