Candles cause fire in Coffeyville home

Independence Daily Reporter – March 26, 2014
Submitted by Newz Group Clipping Service – April 21, 2014

The Coffeyville Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 713 W. 3rd in Coffeyville Sunday morning. Upon arrival, light smoke was visible coming from the eaves of the structure and the fire, which originated in the bathroom, was extinguished.

Occupants were home at the time of the fire and were safely evacuated by firefighters.

The fire was contained in the bathroom with an estimated $3,000 in damage. Following an investigation, it was determined the cause of the fire to be candles placed around the rim of the bathtub. The property is owned by Andrienne Foster.

Gwen Romine, KSFFA Webmaster

%d bloggers like this: